Best free web hosting?

IceDiver

What good web hosts are there?

I am currently using zymic.com, but it seems they dont support some things like php contact forms and such.. I really dont know too much about how everything works, but I would like a web host that will support things like php contact forms and guestbooks, which I am planning on including in my site.

Any tips?

IceDiver

Thanks for the tip!

Do they support email sending, as by a contact form? Zymic seemingly doesnt..

I'm not looking for a domain right now, just a host so I can try fully try out the functionality of the website I'm building.

There is one problem that I'm facing now; I am trying to implement a php guestbook with a "CAPTCHA" type security code. The problem is that the code will not show when the guestbook.php is included in my "maincontent" div on the page, instead it displays the alt text. It does however work perfectly when I open guestbook.php directly from my current host.

I had the same issue with a php contact form, that I solved by specifying the path to the captcha.php file in the code of contact-form.php. That is "../pages/contactform/captcha.php" instead of "../captcha.php". This worked for the contact form, but not for the guestbook, I dont see why, because I've been going through the code and I cant find other references to it (not that I'm Sherlock Holmes when it comes to finding code snippets).

Any ideas?

IceDiver

Thanks guys, I will try these out once I get everything sorted out.

Do you have any ideas on what the php captcha problem might be?