Beauty Therapy Clinic

voodish

Ah yes, Cheers - most of the errors were from the Google Map link, I've used a tiny URL and it has sorted the front end HTML validation out. TBH, as long as it works across various platforms and browsers I'm not too concerned about a few W3C warnings.

Even the W3C isn't perfect:
LOL: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.w3.org/TR

A minor warning, but proves the point.

adx

The design is great, I really like the colors and layout, it looks very professional!
Though the background color is a bit dark for my taste, I had to look very close to
see that there was an image there. Maybe you could just lighten that up a bit to
make the gradient/image more visible. Great site looking site though!

adamblan

Looking good Voodish - everything flows nicely:)
I would suggest an accordion widget for the sidepanel, though. The information is the same on every page - keep this expanded if the content changes page to page, but otherwise it's just kind of redundant ;)

voodish

Cheers guys -
I want to keep the background very subtle, it's only there to create a bit of depth. Everyone has there monitor/s setup differently, so I try to find a balance.

Ahh, the sidepanel, yes, I've often had that problem with certain CMS's, but I am working with some logic to try and remove certain bits on certain pages.

It kind of works - the About us page no longer has the owners info in the sidepanel, as it was just a double up of the main page content -

But, the problem (at the moment) lies with having to specifically tell the widgets which pages to include, rather than them all displaying content, and switching them off individually, I'm sure it's not much of a hack, so back to it!

Thanks for the input :)

Gorgy

I enjoyed visiting your site. I liked its well-thought content and great photos.
It's nice that contacts are given at the homepage.
The only thing I don't understand is why you've created a yellow background for a part of the logo

adx

Cheers guys -
I want to keep the background very subtle, it's only there to create a bit of depth. Everyone has there monitor/s setup differently, so I try to find a balance.

So true! On second glance I see that it's just a laptop thing, where the
top of the monitor gets darker when I've got the screen tilted a ways back.
The image doodle at the bottom looks great though. I only like what I can
see :rolleyes:

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I like the site design, it is great, I think the main logo which contains the name of the business is a little tricky, the name of the business does not stand out well and does not serve to reinforce the name of the business to visitors to the site.

voodish

Yeah, a lot of laptops have some poor TN screens, mine included (which is disappointing considering it wasn't all that cheap, HP C2D) - so viewing angles can be quite bad.

Unfortunately the logo was not our design, and was given to us for the project - so cannot change that (tend to agree with you though).

adx

Yeah, a lot of laptops have some poor TN screens, mine included (which is disappointing considering it wasn't all that cheap, HP C2D) - so viewing angles can be quite bad.

Unfortunately the logo was not our design, and was given to us for the project - so cannot change that (tend to agree with you though).

Ha! I rue the day an HP laptop appeared under my Christmas tree! :p

Too bad about the logo though, it was a bit cryptic. Doesn't really do
your nice design any favors.

my suggestion...

1. to add more picture of the 'body'...currently i see pic on the face only.

2. the menu text has a very weak font... make it bolder and thicker..

3. the current background is light (top) to dark (bottom)... try the opposite... make it darker on the top and lighter at the bottom..

4. remove the extra space in the header..so the entire site goes up....