Average Joe's Comparisons (reviews of items for men)

selles2011

This is a website I have made with a few friends as a small project during college, we review and compare products that we own. The products include things most men care about (NERF, Zippo, P90X ect) and is written in a more sarcastic and less pretentious tone. I was just wondering if you all could give me some advise and maybe include first impressions, and what you like/dislike.

This is my first website and not exactly sure what works. So please, any and all comments are welcome.

Here is the link: Average Joe's Comparisons

selles2011

Yeah I meant to fix that. Thank you for reminding me. I agree it looks bad to have one page center with every other page aligned left

AsheSkyler

Love the Mark Twain quote. Women's product sites could learn a thing or two from yours, starting with the lack of pink.

My complaints regard punctuation. On the About page, you forgot two periods. On the Manly Books page you forgot an apostrophe in "man's". A few commas were missing here and there, but most people don't care about commas.

AsheSkyler

@ chrishirst:
I had a long debate with myself on mentioning the periods for that reason.
I'm a bit of a comma-liker too. Drove some of my composition teachers nuts.

chrishirst

Staff member
:)

Yeah, having a "Full stop" at the end of a sentence is much less "open to interpretation".