Auto redirect if error page

ProVing_ground

I currently am responsible for a webpage that is displayed on a kiosk here in the office (showing the latest testing results: pass, fail, etc...). Once in a while the page doesn't load and goes to the IE error page. Since that page doesn't have an automatic refresh it's just stuck until someone manually intervenes.

The browser is displaying in Kiosk mode. I would like to somehow set the machine to automatically detect when the error page ("cannot display page") comes up and redirect back to the website that's supposed to be displaying. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

jnjc

What you could do is create a page on the actual machine that the browser is running on (hence there will be no 404 issue). Have this page contain an iframe that takes up the entire browser and displays your remote page, then add a piece of JS that refreshes the iframe at a certain interval.

The local page will always be visible, because it's local and if the remote page 404's then it'll be in the Iframe and should be OK next time the JS executes...

I hope this makes sense, if you have trouble putting it together let me know and I can post an example.

HTH,
JC