Are there any good carts for wordpress?

bowenac

Curious if anyone can suggest a good cart, one you have used in the past etc.

Looking for a cart for a client. And as I like to say why reinvent the wheel. I am sure there are plenty of good ones that could be used and modified.

Just looking for some feedback on your experiences.

Thanks in advance.

krymson

WordPress is not meant to be an ecommerce solution. I recommend Magento Community Version. It's free, powerful and highly customizable.

bowenac

WordPress is not meant to be an ecommerce solution. I recommend Magento Community Version. It's free, powerful and highly customizable.

I know WP wasn't originally meant for an e-commerce solution but things have changed and obviously a lot of people use it as one and like it.

I don't see the point in completely changing to a different cms.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
sure an apple is a great fruit and you can do lots with it, but if you want an orange, you should get an orange.

AsheSkyler

I wouldn't trust WordPress beyond posting cat pictures. I've known of way too many people getting hacked because of the security risks the widgets create.

krymson

I wouldn't trust WordPress beyond posting cat pictures. I've known of way too many people getting hacked because of the security risks the widgets create.

All too true, now you can use WP as the front end but use an actual ecommerce platform for your online store. You can have your "apple" and your "orange" all in one "basket". You are going to have to have those security measures in place and do you want to put your potential customers through that risk and the repercussions come back on you. I've built sites with wordpress and their shopping cart was magento... you can do it too

""""""""""""""" <---- Had to get that out of my system got too happy with the quotes :)