Are no follow links worth less..?

I am little confused here.Google says it does not pass any value to no follow links but I have too many no follow links and my website still getting good rank.So what is truth..?

ishie

If your intention is to build backlinks, nofollow links would be useless for they don't get indexed on Google. But they are still links and can generate traffic to your site.

hunterjordan

I am little confused here.Google says it does not pass any value to no follow links but I have too many no follow links and my website still getting good rank.So what is truth..?

It's not worth less at all. If you are going to get link from relevant to your site and quite popular in your niche, then it could be helpful to generate quality traffic to your website.

craftygeek

There is also some debate about the anchor text in nofollow links - there have been some tests & articles written about it. Apparently it has been proved that although you don't gain pagerank through the nofollow links, you can still gain keyword association with the the link text.

ashsmith

Backlinks are not the only ranking factor. There are many other like onpage and content.
Yeah nofollow links wont pass any value. Maybe you are getting some good links which you are not noticing but google does.

eonic

Google index no follow links if you look on websmaster tools but apparently they assign no value to it - I have heard mixed opinions on this though...

grandestkind

No follow backlinks would also calculated as backlinks but they would not transfer PR values to the linked pages. :)

Thanks,

Bullseye! I've actually read a guide from SEOmoz and was more knowledgeable on the difference in value of a nofollow and a dofollow link. But do you guys think it's much more healthier if your site is composed of these two? I mean, it'll look natural since not all of your backlinks are dofollow. What do you guys think?

mrandrei

SEO-wise, nofollow links do not have any value, but from a marketing perspective, it's okay. Nofollow links can still generate traffic.

che09

No Follow links will not help you when it comes to PR,but it can generate traffic though! If you're not into PR then,I guess,you'll really appreciate no follow links!