Are my expectations too high?

penumbra

Im starting out a pay peer tutoring site with estimates that 1/100 students who view my site will sign up.

I want 10 new members a day, thus at a rate of 1/100 conversion i would need 1000 views a day.

I am hiring a web advertising/SEO professional to manage my site, but the problem is, after i hire him, i will have $0 for advertising. I am going to get him to try and spread word of my site via free methods.

Can i realistically expect him to be able to get me 1000 unique views from students per day? Or is that hoping too much?

abhisam45

You are simply hoping too much. And the most important thing is that no one is going to advertise your website free of cost.

mrandrei

There's nothing wrong with being idealistic. Generating 1,000 visitors per day is a decent target, but it requires lots of time and effort. PPC campaign would be the perfect thing to do.

Arindra

Nothing Impossible

Dear Friend,

If you have set your goal then go for it. It is not at all impossible but will definitely take some time. You have to realize that there are several thousands of similar tutorial sites. So you will need some time to develop your web reputation. Submit good quality articles in the article directories, comment on dofollow blogs from the same niche and concentrate on free classifieds. Best of luck.

ishie

It's not impossible to achieve that goal. But I do agree that you need some money in advertising to make that a reality. SEO is a tedious work, and sometimes costly.