Anyone know how to use script Amazon Webstore?

bowenac

So I am working on an Amazon Webstore for a client, If you have ever worked with amazon webstore you know how horrible it is haha.

Anyway, they don't allow script tags in the html widgets that you have to use for your code. I am trying to add a slider "nivoslider" but I am unable to add this to the html widget because they don't allow script tags.

<script type="text/javascript">
$(window).load(function() {
$('#slider').nivoSlider();
});
</script>

I have seen other Amazon Webstores with sliders so I am curious if anyone has experience with this and or how to get this working on Amazon Webstore.

Gandalfe

Harsh words, you cut me to the quick. No, really... :rolleyes:

What widget are you trying to use? Have you pinged the experts on the Webstore Forum? Inquiring minds would luv to know.

bowenac

Harsh words, you cut me to the quick. No, really... :rolleyes:

What widget are you trying to use? Have you pinged the experts on the Webstore Forum? Inquiring minds would luv to know.

I actually figured it out... ended up being the cname was pointing to webstorepowered.com instead of hostedbywebstore.com so advanced HTML was not allowed.

bowenac

I am trying to use web widget.But it shows unsupported script.What does it mean?

That was my problem as well...

If you are using your own domain you need to update your CNAME to point to yourdomain.hostedbywebstore.com after you do this it could take some time to populate. Then on amazon webstore go to settings/control panel expand the General Webstore Settings and click on Domain Name. Select use your own domain name and enter your domain name.

I beleive it took a couple hours to start working but the html widget will still look like there is an error when you save your code but the preview will show correctly and live page once published will show correctly.

If you have any other questions ask away.