Any Tips?

Vanagoose

Hey everyone!

Im very new to web designing, and i have only recently got the hang of Dreamweaver.

Being so new to this concept, is there any Key tips i should know about web design?

Your help would be greatly appreciated
Thank Yoooouuuuu!!

Sam

xxxxx

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
noodle down your web site ideas, be it layouts or even just feature ideas in a notebook. from a programmers perspective the first step to a successful program or in this case web site, is the design or more appropriately planning phase. which means, you literally sit down and brain storm what you want to achieve and then make a plan on pater. this will help you work much more efficiently and will keep you from forgetting something.

hope that made sense. :)

Last edited:

Artoonie

I agree with zkiller. The most important step in creating a site is the planning. once you have a plan, and know exactly what to do, the how isn't too bad. use a pencil and paper to create a layout, a flowchart showing navigation and content, and a color scheme. You need to visualize the final product in your head.

Vanagoose

Thank You very much for the help :D

I was just wondering, is the programming side of web designing something i will have to learn?

I was really hoping to be a web/graphic designer after i finish college, and if i need to know about programming i obviously need to be taught it. Which means going to uni. But im seriously sick of working in a crap job lol, I WANT TO DO SOMETHING FUN!!!!!!

Thaaanks Everyone for the help :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
it is possible to be just a graphic designer/artist.

as a web designer/developer, you will need to learn at least the basic of each aspect of the field in order to have a shot at being successful. so yes, you will need to learn how to write your own code.

Vanagoose

Aww okies :) I mean in my second year i can choose to do web design as a lesson, so im kinda sure they will teach some basic code in that, and there doing it as a course in the summer, so you can bet ill be there :p

Thanks For Your Help Everyone :)
xxxxxxxxx