Any feedback is much appreciated

perplexia

Hi. I'm interested in any feedback and/or comments about my site:

http://mattpower.org

I don't mind if your feedback is positive or negative, as I am always looking for ways to make my site better. All I ask is that you please try not to be rude or offensive in your post. Thank you!

d a v e

don't really like the white out effect on the nav hover

logo is ok but looks a bit murky - doesn't say 'power' to me because of that (and the horizontally strecthed "web media" looks a bit amateurish - either use more tracking or an expanded font

you say you can build for mobile/ipad but your site doesn't scale down

3 lots of nav? drop the one at the bottom

your nav buttons should be 8-bit png not jpeg

bit more white space on the main text

overall it looks ok ;) just needs a bit of post production work :)

perplexia

3 lots of nav? drop the one at the bottom

Because my main nav menu doesn't have text, I thought that adding a text-only nav would help with SEO. Does it?

Thanks to everyone who replied. I really appreciate your feedback. Sounds like the two common themes so far are my logo and using .png for my nav menu. I will work on those two things, and also see what I can do to improve the overall design and make it look a little more modern.

perplexia

I would also get rid of the thick borders and apply some gradients to the button links.

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I was going for kind of a "Windows 8" look with the nav menu ...as much as I hate Windows 8 in terms of functionality, but we're not here to discuss that :) My nav menu style also matches the style of my social media icons at the bottom.