Any advice would be appreciated...

Hudson

www.simon-hudson.com

OK, any and all advice/comments would be welcome (be nice). Please bear in mind a few points:

* This is my first hand-coded CSS site (be gentle)

* There should be faded background images behind the text (at least I hope there is). I say "I hope" cos when I view it I cant see them, but other people can when they have a look on their computers. My ISP is sometimes super slow with caching, so I'm putting it down to that!

* I'm in a minimalist mood these days!

I await your thoughts..

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The site looks great, it is fast loading, simple, yes the backgrounds do load correctly, though i think the links background should have a hint of color like the other pages.
I normally expect to see the title, "Simon Hudson" appear at the top of the page, but what you have done, looks quite good.

hollis

i only have a small thing that i would change. With the nav bar when you put your mouse of the home and so forth, you see a strip of light purple on the bottom of the button, and the lovly footer you have. so if you can remove the strip or make it the same colour that would just finish it off. I hope i dont sound mean or anything, because this is a very well put site with a great choice of colour and images. i just love the curves as well, wich give the site a relaxed mood, very well done. i would give that a 10/10 :D :D

Hudson

Cheers hollis, i'll have a look at that nav bar issue. It's just a border CSS thingy so it shouldnt be too hard to sort out.

Thank you so much for the positive comments. This is my first "official" site so its fantastic to know you like it. Honestly, it makes me all fuzzy inside!

:)