Another of my design concepts...

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
please note that this isn't 100% complete.

if you want to log in you can either create a new profile, or use the following:

User: test
Pass: test

personally, i feel as though the header is missing something, but i didn't want to do anything to wild, as a header that grabs all of the users attention is no good either. so, i don't know...

as those of you that know me, you know that this will more than likely won't ever go live. as it's just a design concept. :)

your critique is much appreciated and i am always open to suggestions and/or constructive criticism.

~Stefan

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The header area looks great, but I would suggest that with a name like that, it is hard to figure out the topic of the site, is it a graphics forum?
So I would probably incorporate some text in the title bar or in the header to indicate what kind of forum it is.
I have not seen that forum software that you are using before.
as those of you that know me, you know that this will more than likely won't ever go live. as it's just a design concept. :)
In my opinion, the key to success when starting any project is to do your research, find out what will work, what will make money, and once your research is done, you have to just stick at it, no matter what, even if you make nothing from it for quite some time.

StephanieCordray

make the forum blue more like the blue in the header with maybe some part in one of the grays, plus what ian said, and i think it works.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanks for the replies. :)

if i was to go threw with this one, it would not be a pure forum, nor would the forum be my main focus on the site. the reason i linked to that particular page, is that it was the only part that was presentable at this time. i think if you saw the whole thing as a complete site, you would understand. or at least i hope so. but as i said, as of now, i have no plans of finishing this one.

stephanie, i agree with what you were saying about the blues. i was thinking of doing exactly the oposite though. i want to try and color match the blues in the logo to those in the forum. as to much of the logo blue doesn't look right, as it's kind of greenish looking. i do have one question for you though what did you mean by "and i think it works"?