Alternative to ReCaptcha

Lothlorien

Hi folks,

got a question about options for ReCaptcha. Had some complaints from clients regarding the legibility of ReCaptcha graphics. They are getting complaints from users of their websites about constant failures to type in the right text.

Although it doesn't bother me to have to hit teh back button a couple of times till a legible ReCaptcha graphic comes up - it does seem to bother a lot of normal users.

So my question is - is there a good free program out there that is an alternative to ReCaptcha and is legible?

CaldwellYSR

Some sites I've seen use simple questions instead of captcha. Like "What is 2+5?" and they have a list of 10 or so really simple questions like that which they rotate through. Personally I hate Captcha very much because I can never seem to read them.

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
One trend I've seen lately is people just using a simple checkbox that if not checked will not allow the form to be submitted.

Nathan Joshua

There are some really simple php captcha scripts out there. There is no need to use a complex captcha like ReCaptcha unless spammers are specifically targeting your website.