Alignment issues in IE on only 1 page

amoen

Hey everyone!

Like the title of this post says, I'm having an issue where everything on the sidebar of this page is being pushed down about 20 or so pixels in IE. The other pages on the site are displaying correctly, and though the rest all use an external style sheet, the CSS and HTML are identical as those on the home page. Everything is working perfectly in Safari, Firefox, and Chrome--it's just IE that's giving me issues. Anyone know what I can do to fix the problem?

Thanks,
April

sysgenmedia

Tough to say exactly without really delving into the code. A quick fix may be to set up an IE-only style sheet and play with the CSS settings in that to make the necessary IE adjustments.

That said, one thing that stands out to me is on your Wrapper class. Why use top: 50%; to move the side down and then set a large negative top margin (margin-top: -300; ) to move it back up?

I'm not saying that this is necessarily related to your problem, but this is the type of thing that many browsers do gracefully but that IE may not.

You may also want to look into getting the FireBug plugin for Firefox if you don't have it. It allows you to inspect each element on your page, the CSS that applies to it, and quickly turn CSS rules on and off to see what affect they have.

Best of luck!

amoen

Thanks for the response, sysgen!

Regarding the Wrapper class, that method was suggested to me when I was having trouble centering the page vertically and horizontally. If it weren't for the fact that every page on the site uses the same rule for positioning, I'd be more suspect of that being the issue, but they do and I'm only having a problem with the home page. I'll definitely look into that plug-in, though. That sounds great for a newbie like me!

Anyone else have any ideas?