Adwords, is it worth to try?

3dmagicaldesign

Hi All

I've been doing SEO for a while on my website but my results are just average, I would like to know the opinion of my fellow members, I am planning to start an adwords campaign for my website, is the investment worth to try? if I invest $1000 can I expect at least to make $5000 in profits? I am thinking about start with a budget of $1000 and see how I do, anyway I need an advice.

seoexpert

Everyone has their own opinion on Adwords. My opinion is it is not worth it. From studies it shows only 20% of people will click on ads in Google and 80% of people click on organic searches (the free stuff that you get listed for on Google).

You just need to improve your organic optimization and that will give you more profit in return. If you need help let me know as I have turned companies from full adword campaigns and got them to stop completely from the profit they saw on the organic optimization.

torishig

Hi there,

I am managing adword campaign for one small business website. Although your website comes on top because you are paying for it. It depends on bid also, if you put high bid for your campaign only then your site comes on top on right side of google but it can be quite expensive.

Thanks
RG

voodish

It does generate traffic, but you will need to do a lot of research in to the best methods to use, and get low down and dirty with the Adwords control panel, where you can make some HUGE alterations to generate 'quality' traffic.

If you set-up a standard account and don't make many changes, you will get a lot of traffic, but not necessarily quality traffic; this is a spectacular way to spend a lot of money very fast, with little return.

However, if you do your research (and boy there is a lot of it), conduct small tests on content specific websites then you will spend less and return more...

In the end though, nothing really beats natural, viral traffic imho.

3dmagicaldesign

Hey guys

I really thank you for all the replies and reviews, at the moment I have decided to keep working on my regular SEO since I started to see the results, I've been optimizing my 3d architectural renderings business for some time, last month we were not even on the #500 in google, yahoo, msn, etc, now, we are in the top 20 for these keywords, I handle many other projects and my company is a starter one, so, what I think is that I will apply the same SEO strategy to my web design area and will see how I do. In the meantime I have created a blog but it is still being developed, I have created a 3d forum, also in development and chat option, I will test these improvements first and will see how I do.

Thanks a lot for your replies

Last edited:

wetgravy

Yeah, i could never justify adwords since it's so over saturated with anything design wise. I would go viral or direct marketing if anything.