Advice on solution

ymary

Hi,
I want to create a website where users can post links to videos, add the links into a database and then have a video Gallery to show the videos one by one- Users could rate the videos and share them and social medias.

I am thinking on using mysql as database, and dreamweaver as design tool, but what do I use to create the video gallery and the logic for the database? I have been looking into worldpress but I am not sure if I can do this with WP. Please give me some advice on what solution I should go for.
Regards
/Maria

DHDdirect

PHP and MySQL go very well together and I perfer that combination myself. They are easier to work with then ASP and MSSQL but if you do run into issues then there are many sites dedicated to support and information

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
upload to youtube.

embed with the code supplied

not only will you not use all your server space, but your dev time is drastically reduced, as youtube has all that functionality already...

Pheno

I would use Joomla with the Allvideos plugin. Then use something like K2 or Flexicontent to handle the user uploading and voting aspect. Quite a big project!