Advice on new site please.

halo

Hi, I bought an e-commerce website back in March. To save money I've revamp the website myself. So I've had to learn practically everything that goes along with this in the last few months. The problem is now I've finished I'm not sure if I've taken the site in the right direction.

www.uk-clobber.com

Have a look & see what you think, I'm looking for feedback on a few points:

- From an e-commerce site is it easy to purchase from.
- Does the site have its own identity & some form of emotion towards the product
- What would you change to improve the experience?

I'm considering dumping the front page, or integrating the front with the category page. This would remove several clicks from the process. I'm thinking about simplifying the whole site perhaps too. I'm even thinking about a very basic flash intro like http://www.bigactive.com/ . So nice short & simple so not to annoy. I’ll need to learn how to use flash, so this is not a priority.

Thanks & hope you can help.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I would avoid a flash intro. The site looks good, but appears a little too heavy in images and low on text, which is not good for the loading speed of the page.

halo

What do you think about the product shots. I'm getting some negative comments about these.

I've also found a few technical issues around the site logitics that I'm working on right now.

Thanks