Advice on existing sites

riley454

Although I am comparatively new to web design, I am starting to get a solid hold on HTML and scripting etc. And I have found a certain market segment in my area that needs their websites maintained and improved from the original site designed by the get rich quick tech guys several years ago who made a pocketful out of small businesses with an innocence of web presence.

These days, many small businesses are relying on the dodgy site that was initially set up for them many years ago, which nowadays does little for their public presence.

In no way am I technically proficient as a web designer, nor am I artistically gifted enough to re-design the sites that I feel need help, from scratch, so my request for advice is....

Whilst I'm still learning the finer points of web presence, how can I make the sites I think need help, available for experienced(and helpful) criticism to similarly minded people on this forum, without making these businesses shark fodder for the billion web developers looking to improve these sites?

IE: How can I publicly show these sites so the experts here can provide constructive criticism whilst protecting the anonimity of the site owner?

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
good question, but i don't really have an answer for you. on the web their really isn't such a thing as anonimity. the only thing i can think of is maybe contacting those you seek criticism from directly thus avoiding a public audience.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i sent you an email on your hotmail account yesterday. ;)

let me know if you received it.

riley454

Sorry, Z, didn't get it, try yahoo or PM me here. Just got my Head First HTML in the post today and am keen to get your opinion