Advice Needed... Overwhelmed!

mk2424

Hello,

I created the website 10bestlasvegas.com as a hobby, but it is starting to get very large (over 1,000 pages) and I am beginning to get overwhelmed with keeping up with it. I taught myself how to use html and CSS and feel like I am pretty good but would like an easier way to deal with all the content.

Whichever route I need to go, I would like to keep the navigational structure I use on the hotels' pages, ie Bellagio, where you can find information on the restaurants, bars, rooms, etc. at each hotel

My question is... What is the best way to keep up with all the data I have. Should I learn to use php and mySQL or simply switch over to a CMS like Joomla or Wordpress? If I need to start using a CMS, which one would you recommend? Or, am I just being lazy in the fact that I don't want to keep creating the same page types over and over again?

Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

AsheSkyler

You made it to a thousand pages before hunting a quicker method? I got lazy around fifty.

PHP will be your easiest route for a quick fix using either Echo or Include. If you want a CMS, probably WordPress would be your best bet. It's pretty well known, you'd have lots of resources if you had trouble with something.

Edge

Plus 1 for Wordpress as set up is so easy and plenty of support online. Find out which are the core files and never touch them and just work in themes and plugins directories. Also don't set permissions of 777 on anything.