Advice ice on a CSS stylist.

makko

Hi There,

So im go im going to be working on a new site soon. I will be responsible for the whole site but I mainly do backend PHP, MySQL stuff etc..

I'm sure I could design a decent looking page but I think it would be better to get a designer to do it for me..

I'm just wondering about how to go about doing this and the cost involved. All I really need is somebody to design the page and supply me with the CSS code and a sample HTML page demonstrating the style.

How much does this usually cost and where can I go to find a decent designer?

Is it easy to work with people over the web or is it a must to meet them face to face??

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks.

bloggerboy

It's more effective and efficient to collaborate over the web, versus setting up meetings and traveling across the world for a 3 hour briefing.

How do you envision the site to look? I don't mind helping you, but I'd have to know what you're looking for as far as design goes. Typically, I charge only $200 for HTML and CSS designs for a complete website or $25 per hour.

You can also find web designers here...
http://www.findawebdesigner.com/

makko

Well, what i'm looking to have a standard business site with alll the usual pages i.e. About, brochure, product preperations, shop locations, contact us etc.

I then want a shopping cart, ecommerce functions etc embedded. But this will not be the whole thing just a products page, with categories then a cart and checkout. I don't need any of the featured products, spotlight etc.. Do you follow me? I have seen a page like this and I quite like it.

I would like a decent sized header, navbar, then possibly 3 columns (2 sides and 1 main).

I'm not loooking for web 2.0 styling with glossy rounded buttons etc.. I want soft colours with smooth lines.

Do you do graphics? By that I mean photoshop for corners borders etc. Not photos or sketches. I will have photo's supplied to me.

It's possible that I may sound too demanding/fussy here but i'm not. I'm just trying to give you an idea of what I want, which isn't really too much tbh.

I would like to work with you on this. If you could send me on some examples of your work to let me get a feel for whatyou can do it would be great.

you can e-mail me on: web [a] conorhackett [] com

Thanks for your reply.

bloggerboy

Sorry about the late reply. I think I have a good idea of what you're looking for. For graphics, I typically use a combination of Flash and Fireworks or just Fireworks. I'll send you an email to the address you provided as soon as possible.