Adding accounts to a website?

jrock12

Hey,

I'm kind of new to making websites. I have enough skills to make the basic outline of the site with no problems. But now i want to get into more depth and allow people to create accounts. Once they have created there accounts they can add comments or go onto the forum and write there. How would i do this? Is there some kind of code that is used for doing this? I read that PHP can be used?

Any help would be great. I just need to know were to start.

Thanks.

adamblan

The main server side scripting languages you'll want to look into will be ASP, PHP, or ruby. Any of these will bring the requisite functionality, but I'd definitely recommend starting with php (great support, works w/ Windows or Linux servers, etc) Also, you'll most likely want to use a database to keep track of user's info & postings, so look into MySQL databases.

Depending on your site's complexity, you may be better off using an existing CMS

specialk

If you want to you can create account from a control panel like cpanel and give them permissions but it make a lot more since to setup a sql database and pull from it using php I think.