A question about faster loading

labecs

This might be a dumb question, but I really don't know the answer.
What makes the page load faster?
If I insert the pictures on the page (I'm using DW Cs3), or if I use HTML code for them like you normally do with ad banners, but without a link, and have it refer to the picture in the image folder on the site.
Thank you in advance for your answer!
:)

suz

They are the same thing, When you insert the image with DW it is still referring to a location on your server to load the image from

starteasy

Another good reason to avoid using Dreamweaver as a singular means for creating websites.

Always have the script window open when using Dreamweaver so that you can see the code being inserted with each action you make. This way you can slowly learn how to put pieces together.

Where I use Dreamweaver myself, it is just a way to reduce my typing time. But when it comes to debugging or customising the html, you will need to know what is what, and how it will alter your website, as html edits don't always show well in Dreamweavers' WYSIWYG (which in itself is not an entirely accurate acronym).

Easiest way to cheat and make a faster loading page...always use web colours in your design, and make your images smaller. Then place your images on a background that is the same background colour as your image, so that your image now appears to be the same size as it was originally, except instead of loading the background as an image, it loads as a colour and does so instantly.

Another option, avoid gradients where possible, save your images as GIF and reduce the colours to 8 to 32 (depending on quality and quantity of colours in your image). Although gradients r ub3r s3xy when used appropriately.