A new way to loose your Google Adsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayT

If you use Google Adsense on your website - be aware that you could easily loose it through no fault of your own. All it takes is just one person strategically clicking on your Google ads and within just a couple of months Google will terminate your account.

A person could go to a public library, access your website and then start clicking on Google ad after Google ad, one right after another. It doesn't have to be many just a couple of dozen. They would do this about this one or two days a week often on the same day of the week to build up a pattern.

Google will see a spike in your average daily clicks and a red flag will be raised. They will automatically assume that you are clicking on the ads to up your earnings and they will terminate your account without warning. You can appeal their decision but meanwhile your Google Ads will be gone and there's a good chance you'll never hear from them again.

Any money you have earned from the time they terminate your account to your last payout will be forfeited.

Google makes 27 billion a year from their Google Adsense customers, one little website owner means nothing to them. If they perceive you as a threat to that 27 billion - you're gone, even if you aren't to blame.

redsun

I don't think they would cancel your account just like that. They would probably just discounted all those fake clicks.

Matthew Wilson

Quite rude if someone would do that. :'[
Ah well.
My parents only allowed me to use Google AdSense, if it fails, I'm done with internet marketing, forever.

Ravager

I know of a friend, who used Google Adsense and there was an indian girl who was also in Google Adsense. This girl after loosing her account banned due to fraud clicks she purposely had clicked on my friends account every day till his account too was suspended. Yes agree with the OP. Just play it normal and dont let know any1 of your site. Just run as it own it and tell no one, so people like this girl will not want to interfere and do stupid things as such.

bcee

For all that hate adsense can you suggest anything better? I get decent earnings from my sites but would love to use something more robust in terms of the good 'ole dollar.

ishuvonet

These are the information every newbies to adsense should know.In the beginning of adsense we often do such mistakes which terminate our account permanently.

Quasha

For all that hate adsense can you suggest anything better? I get decent earnings from my sites but would love to use something more robust in terms of the good 'ole dollar.
What about adbrite? It is very good and reliable. Also you can go for chikita and balam ads.

jelina

Google will see a spike in your average daily clicks and a red flag will be raised. They will automatically assume that you are clicking on the ads to up your earnings and they will terminate your account without warning. You can appeal their decision but meanwhile your Google Ads will be gone and there's a good chance you'll never hear from them again. I don't think they would cancel your account just like that. They would probably just discounted all those fake clicks.

sitebuilder

I don't think this is true at all, they just delete the clicks that came from that IP address, cause this happens all the time. Google knows competitors would do this to each other all the time and that would compromise their 27 million more than anything.

although there are a lot of times when adsense is very annoying, we still can't deny the fact that it is very helpful in reeling in income.

StevenD

Yes, this happens,
If you are promoting some affiliate products/services with your website, it is always better not to stick with ONE, go for more. Because, even if one affiliate is dropped, your effort and investment will not be wasted as you have another affiliate product/services to send your traffic.... !!!

Same idea can be applicable here as well, the webmasters who depends on ONLY Google traffic closed their businesses as a result of Penguin 1.0 updates of Google...., but webmasters who have traffic from other sources, still on market and sort out of Google rank drop....

So, overall, Google always harm to webmasters :D (just joking)

I think depend with your strategy to use adsense. If you against their TOS, I think its possible your account will be banned. Currently, I have joint with adsense for almost three years, and that nothing happen with the account. Its simple, just follow their service.

Status
Not open for further replies.