<a name=> woes...

werm82

Hello,

I'm trying to link within the page, and it works like a charm... for two of the links. One of the broken links, "Media", will go to the link, but puts it in the middle of the page instead of the top. The other link, "Press", does nothing at all...

Offending page here: http://craigwermert.com/danew.html

I've seen the <a name=> used with java effects, where is scrolls down the page instead of jumping to the spot. Anyone know how to achieve this effect?

sheanhoxie

Not sure if youve found a solution to this or not. Looks to me like everything is working, but you might want to keep the name scheme the same amongst the name and id of the anchors. Some of them are: name=press id=Press, keep them all lowercase and then try again. Other than that, everything seems to work fine for me. The fact that some of the links only bring you to the middle of the page is usually associated with the browser hitting the bottom of the page

Good Luck!

sheanhoxie

oh yea, also, you need to avoid the frame! You can accomplish this same effect without a frame. Create a container div @ approx 800px, float it left and then set a background for the body of the page. Set the background position as top right and background-attachment as fixed and background-repeat to no-repeat
Code:
<style type="text/css">
body {
      background-image: url('yourimage.jpg');
      background-attachment: fixed;
      background-repeat: no-repeat;
      background-position: top right;
      background-color: #HEXCOLOR;
}
.container {
      width: 800px;
      float: left;
}
</style>

voodish

It's because there is no room for the page to scroll any further...

Create some space / extra content at the bottom of the page and it'll work as planned.