A Little Advice

deanj20

Hey everybody!

New here, but I'm a frequent poster on the sister-site, ComputerForum.com.

I've been playing with computers for over fifteen years, but I'm not very experienced with web design...

I would appreciate it if you all would give me feedback on my current site: www.jeremydean.co.nr

I'm thinking of going with WordPress instead - and I've already been fooling with it: www.jeremydean.co.nr/wordpress/

I'm OK with my current site, but I really want to make it simple for registered users to upload files to my Downloads section - I want them to be able to click an "Upload" button, enter their username and password, and then be able to upload files from their computer to the /fileShare directory. Simple as that. However, I can't seem to find a simple solution for this, even in WordPress. I know it's possible, b/c I see it on sites all the time.

Can anybody give me any advice on how I should do this. I would also like to know how others feel about WordPress - it looks pretty awesome, but it's a little too involved for no more than what I plan on doing with my site for now...

Any questions, comments and constructive criticisms are welcome and appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Site is Avg

I see your site is very immature, yes i can understand that your are a beginner, it will take some time for you to make your site more effective. Wordpress is happening web solution and it provides entire solutions. This place is only to review your site and provide you feedback.

anna

Hi,

Your site is pretty decent for a beginner. I have just a couple of suggestions for the time being:

Look at the spacing- there seems to be some inconsistencies that could be tweaked.

Also, there's a small white line separating the navigation and the header image/logo. Is that by design?

The content is ok, but I'm left wondering what the main objective of your site is? Is it just a personal blog? If so, totally cool, just couldn't quite tell.

Anyway, you've got some work to do, but it's not a bad start!

tahoecale

Banned
ok the first link took way to long to load and you need to take out that white sides and make the page fit more of the screen and the other page is all back and is way to hard to read

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I think you need to first what type of site you are trying to build.
If it is a personal website, for personal stuff, then what you have now is fine, but if it is meant to be a tech site, I would consider a different domain, etc
What sort of files do you want to allow people to upload? You would have to be careful about that sort of thing being open to abuse. have you looked through hotscripts.com to see what is currently available?