A few of my links won't work please help.

shenley0

I made a website and for some reason you have to click the area around some of the links to get them to work. I was thinking it was something with the CSS but I can't figure out how to fix it. Website is andrewmooreinsurance.com. The last 3 links are perfect where you click on the link and it takes you there but the first ones are very stubborn. If anyone could please help me I would be very appreciative. Thanks

MasterTheWeb

You logo image is too big. The AMI logo in the right corner goes completely over "home" and "About us" and the first part of "Request a quote".
You might don't see that cuz the height is bigger thanks to transparent background. So when you go over the links with your mouse, you exually go over the logo image.

You might adjust the height of the image in photoshop or you could give a z-index to your image or your links in CSS.

:)

Last edited:

shenley0

Thanks, i never thought of that. You're a lifesaver. One more question, I just noticed that the dark blue back ground looks like a solid block on 3 of the pages. The last 2 and Request A Quote, any suggestions? Thanks

MasterTheWeb

You're welcome,
I checked the CSS and I think I know the problem.
It has to do with these lines in your CSS:

#page-bgbtm {
overflow: hidden;
padding: 40px 30px 0px 30px;
background: url(images/img06.gif) no-repeat center bottom;
}

the last line "background: url(images/img06.gif) no-repeat center bottom;"
seems to give that block. Just remove this line and it should work.
so it has to be:

#page-bgbtm {
overflow: hidden;
padding: 40px 30px 0px 30px;
}

hope I got it right

shenley0

Thanks that helped on the last 2 pages but the Request a Quote page still shows a block in the background, i feel that it's another one of those lines. Thanks Much appreciated
EDIT It fixed 2 pages on my computer but it didn't fix them when i uploaded to godaddy?

Last edited:

MasterTheWeb

You probably got a cache of your website, thats why you didnt saw the change when you uploaded your files to godaddy. Try reset your cachefiles of your browser, then you will see that it works.

I'll check why it doesnt work with request a quote, brb

MasterTheWeb

Aaah I know the problem:

your CSS on the "request a quote" with the #page tag is using the wrong image, use img04 instead of img 05:
Change:
#page {
background: url(images/img05.gif) repeat-y center top;
}

to

#page {
background: url(images/img04.gif) repeat-y center top;
}

That should do the trick,
Let me know if that works:)

Last edited:

shenley0

You're my hero lol.I will definently frequent this site I'm curious, it seems like there are a lot of web designers in the Netherlands, any particular reason why?

CaldwellYSR

You're my hero lol.I will definently frequent this site I'm curious, it seems like there are a lot of web designers in the Netherlands, any particular reason why?

The Netherlands is the place to be! It's so....

yeah I can't come up with anything. Couldn't even point to it on a map :/ damn my American education ;)

MasterTheWeb

It's so flat!

We are that little boring country next to Germany :D. I've no idea why there are so many webdesigners in the Netherlands, I personally don't know many in my region tho.