Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Concept 2

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leroy30

Well it's been a long time since I decided to update my website and I'm only just finding the time!

I've done a couple of concepts.. both I'm happy with but I'm still wondering if there's anything I can do better.

Concept 1

Concept 2

Just wondering what you guys think! And if you like em, which do you think will be more likely to inspire the viewer to spend time looking through other pages.

Your input would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Le-roy

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like elements of both actually.
the second concept appears as ronald said more "corporate"
but i like the darker blue of the first one.and for the menu in #2 I think it could look nice in the orange as well, instead of white.

leroy30

Thanks for the input!

I'm aiming for corporate but not so corporate as to scare away the small fish. Phreaddee I like your suggestion about the orange menu so I'll give that a go later and see how it looks :eek:)

bcee

I am for, and like concept 1 better for a few reasons:
- Very clean (I like cleanliness)
- Good use of contrasting colors
- I feel this design will convert better

Number 2 is okay, I just see users getting lost where multiple areas are blue up top leaving little visual separation.

Nice work though.

leroy30

Thanks bcee I think you're right about the cleanliness and converting better. I kind of feel that way as well but there is something about that one I don't like - I think it resolves around the menu.

Anyhow I have combined elements from the two that I like and feel will work well to come up with a third concept. I think this is the one! Well, at least the header area anyway. Content is still in its early concept stages.

Concept 3

anna

They are all pretty nice! Clean, simple and aesthetically pleasing.

I personally like the second concept. I really like the color scheme and layout. The others are great, as well, but #3 is just a bit busy (IMHO of course) and #2 is a little too sparse.

Great job though, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them!

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I think a hybrid between the two designs would be the best.
The first one looks a little bland.
But the second design, does not look aligned properly and is a little large in some areas.
I would go with a design half way between both.