IFRAME alternatives

Big Secz

Hello All,

I'm new to this forum. I recently designed a website for my motorcycle club and I resorted to using IFRAMEs. I'm not a pro but have been dabbling with website design for some time. I'm wondering if there are better alternatives to achieving the same function.

Here are the requirements for the site:
1. Main page must display 3 individually editable regions; News, Content, and Friends.
2. Main page should be stagnant while all other pages load into it the "Content" column/frame.

Being an active club we constantly have activities and things going on that require frequent updating. For this reason it was easier for me to implement IFRAMEs so that I can easily update the necessary pages and then just have them load to the main page.

Here is a link to the site I just finished: www.lostdawgsmc.com

It functions exactly the way I want and need it to, but just not sure if IFRAMEs is the best way to achieve this and I'm not a big fan of the ugly scroll bars, so perhaps there may be a way to change the design of those I'm not sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

DHDdirect

I think you are really looking for an include function. I prefer PHP myself.

Include for PHP (explanations)
Code:
<?php include("yourfile.php"); ?>

Include for ASP (explanations)
Code:
<!--#include file="yourfile.inc"-->

Iframes are really there to load external content such as from another website.

I hope that helps.

Big Secz

I was under the impression that Wordpress was mainly for blogging type sites. I will look into that.

Keep min mind my web development capabilities are admittedly outdated. So I'm exploring all options I can find.

krymson

yeah wordpress can be used a a CMS, and php includes are the best alternative to iframes.

WordPress is real easy to use and takes literally a few hours to learn the basics.

Big Secz

I have a couple questions:

When using php includes would I include the function in the table?

I have modified the site again and now the main content structure is a table divided into two colums: the first is the "NEWS" colum and second is the "CONTENT" colum. The "CONTENT" column is where I want everything to load exactly the way it does now.

I just hate the ugly scroll bars that pop up.