How much to charge?

wickeddiana

This is technically my first real web design project. Someone is asking me to redesign an existing social networking site. So far I think they only want me to do the home page. All the code will taken care of by someone else. I would just be doing a photoshop mockup.

I am not sure how much to charge for a just a mockup. Since I don't have much experience, I want don't want to charge too much (although I don't want to be seen as too cheap either). But I'm not sure how much is too much.

Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks
Diana

PCC_Australia

First and Foremost welcome to the site.

The hardest part for a beginning web designer is to set a price in which they think is fair for the person in which they are supplying their services.
I suggest work at a rate on a per hour basis, say 25$/hour and once you get better and your designs more fluent and flowing, start charging more.

This is the way i did it and eventually worked my way up to where i am at now, running a fee of around $75/hour. Only do this though if you are feeling that your designs are worthy or your clients and prospective clients might be scared off by the price jump.

Hope all goes well for you and good luck.

Kind Regards
Nick