Gap problem in a page with php!!

jimmy77611

I'm building a page with an image map inside a div for the header, then a div under that with the content...pretty straight forward. The problem is, I have about a 20px gap between the div's. It is a php file, and has a php code embedded in the html. No matter where I put the php code, i have the gap. If i remove the php code and make it an html file, the gap goes away!. I have the top div "display:block" so I know thats not the issue. The only way I've found to fix it is to give a negative top margin on the content div, but in ie6, that causes the bottom div to cover up the bottom of the header image map!! Anyone ever seen this before?

chrishirst

Staff member
PHP code is NOT "embedded" in HTML, it maybe in the same document as HTML code is but the PHP code NEVER goes beyond the server.

IE6???? are you kidding??? Why on earth are you wasting any time and effort for a long dead browser??

jimmy77611

PHP code is NOT "embedded" in HTML, it maybe in the same document as HTML code is but the PHP code NEVER goes beyond the server.

IE6???? are you kidding??? Why on earth are you wasting any time and effort for a long dead browser??

Well thanks for clearing up all the details for me.

I'm not designing the site for IE6, just pointing out that it looks fine in IE6, but not in the newer versions.

In case anyone can offer any help, the page looks correct when saved as an html, but has the gap when saved as a php....exact same code.

chrishirst

Staff member
If it looks fine in IE6 then your code must be seriously screwed up somewhere.

the is NO difference at all between .html extension and a .php extension when it gets to a user agent. At that point it is ALL HTML.

Also, there is absolutely no way at all that anybody could possibly offer any kind of useful advice without actually SEEING the problem.