creating website in photoshop?

flatda

hey guys,

i want to create a website like ebay but i don't want to learn coding, now i've seen some tutorials on youtube where you can design websites in photoshop and even export them to dreamweaver

can i design the entire website in photoshop/dreamweaver and then just hire a coder to put the code behind it so it won't just look good but it will actually work too?

PCC_Australia

There's a little more to web design then just photoshop and dreamweaver.

In fact eBay is a pretty complicated system, so in answer to your question, yes you can design the website with photoshop slice it and then code the minor parts in dreamweaver, but, unless you have a pretty steep budget web developers are going to bite at the project.

However, there are many alternatives to making your very own auction site. These are what is commonly known as open source scripts, a free alternative that anyone can use to start a basic / advanced auction site online. Of course there are also paid versions of these scripts.

If you need to know about any of these scripts, let me know and i am happy to talk online with you about some alternatives. My MSN ID is in my signature.

Hope this assists you.
Nick

flatda

great thank you! i just added you in msn looking forward to chatting with you!

is there any way i can design the site in photoshop, export it to dreamweaver and then make dreamweaver create the .css-file just like it creates the .html-file?

PCC_Australia

Not entirely..you have to manually create the CSS file and attach it to the html file so that the styles are adopted by the html file and parsed throughout the whole document.

smashwebs

hey guys,

i want to create a website like ebay but i don't want to learn coding, now i've seen some tutorials on youtube where you can design websites in photoshop and even export them to dreamweaver

can i design the entire website in photoshop/dreamweaver and then just hire a coder to put the code behind it so it won't just look good but it will actually work too?

Yes you can, but without understanding how tables work on a coding-level, when you inevitably encounter layout/spacing issues you won't know how to troubleshoot. I would say save yourself the trouble and learn the basics of CSS (it really isn't that difficult, especially if you have any HTML experience) or just hire somebody to do the design for you.

flatda

it really isn't that difficult, especially if you have any HTML experience) or just hire somebody to do the design for you

well i don't have any html experience but how long do you think it would take me to learn css?

i don'T want to design the page using css though i want to design it using photoshop and - well - so far i guess i'll just create how i want the website to look like and i'll do that in photoshop and dreamweaver and the coders can then either start from scratch and make it all look like my designs look or maybe they'll be able to work with my designs - however i just want to create how the site's supposed to look like

smashwebs

well i don't have any html experience but how long do you think it would take me to learn css?

i don'T want to design the page using css though i want to design it using photoshop and - well - so far i guess i'll just create how i want the website to look like and i'll do that in photoshop and dreamweaver and the coders can then either start from scratch and make it all look like my designs look or maybe they'll be able to work with my designs - however i just want to create how the site's supposed to look like

No HTML experience? I guess just throw it to coders. Just make a picture of what you want the site to look like...I suppose you were on the right track. Don't mess with coding it yourself, it probably won't be done optimally and you'll just run into browser errors and issues. Good luck!

datadancing

Programming & Budget will be you main issues.

Yes. You need to hire a coder, or several coders. In fact, it is the degree of complexity of building a E-Bay - like auctioning system, and the programming skills to develop it correctly will make or break the project, not the front end design issues. So you need to find a good programmer/team, talk to them to see if they qualify, and see if your budget fits.

http://www.datadancing.com

Last edited by a moderator: