Could i have some help please

Haunted TEM HOM

Hello, (edit..think i may have posted in wrong section- reposting here)

I am trying to code a site for a charity halloween event for cancer we host every year. What im trying to do is use a picture to fill the background and have the text appear over the pic, like this site

http://css-tricks.com/examples/ImageToBackgroundImage/

I have spent the last few days trying to place the appropriate coding in my site but it just doesn't seem to work, it keeps pushing the text down, I viewed the source code on the page listed above and tried to use that, and again i was thwarted by the code gods. Please know that i am not simply asking for someone else to do my work, i am reading and researching as much as i can but am completely stuck here and pulling my hair out!

my site is here if you want to see the source code
www.hauntedtemhome.ca/test.php

i started in dreamweaver and am using their template for a fixed site with sidebar, header and footer.

Any help would be very very very.....greatly appreciated and if you are by chance in the area hit me up for some free passes to the event, im around toronto ontario!

Haunted TEM HOM

Well you are asking for some major fixes. Is this what you are looking for: http://css-tricks.com/perfect-full-page-background-image/

because have a good look at that and it might help you out

Thanks for the response, i will try the site and see if I can figure it out, can you just elaborate for me a bit on what you mean by major fixes, is the whole page coded incorrectly? Should i just start from scratch, instead of using a template from dream weaver, or is there one in there that is more suited to my needs?

THANKS AGAIN SO MUCH - that site helped i was able to get the background up the way i wanted it!....if you still wouldn't mind elaborating on what you meant by major fixes that would be great.....thanks again your a lifesaver!

Last edited:

MasterTheWeb

I am glad I could help. I said major fixes because there wasnt an 1-2-3 solution for your problem. But you figured it out. Good job! Also it is probably better to make your website from scratch. Don't use any templates. This way you learn much more and you make your website step by step so you know the solutions for any problems faster.

RAJO

i think its okay but it does need a little change maybe the colors are to much you could change things around to make it seem interesting, good luck