www.fotolounge.biz

oana2983

Hi, I’m new on this forum. This is my web site www.fotolounge.biz. I would like to know your opinion about it from esthetics point of view and functionality.
The known issue: is not working on Opera browser yet.

Oana H.

ahk2chan

I am using FF3. It works fine.

The site looks good, however I just find that just a little bit slow... Switching different sections up takes about 10 seconds. Don't know if you can optimize it a bit.

Nicely done!

adamblan

As a portfolio the site looks good, but I would offer these suggestions:
Load the full images dynamically instead of all at once - this will improve your site's performance exponentially.
While some people might be impressed by using fullscreen, it kinda pissed me off by resizing my browser automatically. Please drop this...
What is the green <1> under the images? I found this somewhat confusing/misleading.
Tabled layout?!

Overall it's an excellent start - keep working & it'll get there!

adx

While some people might be impressed by using fullscreen, it kinda pissed me off by resizing my browser automatically. Please drop this...

You took the words right out of my mouth! The full screen turned out to be more like double screen, so the browser window was way outside the screen and I couldn't get it back to normal without closing the tab. Get this fixed and we can discuss the rest :) I found it a bit difficult to review at this time.

specialk

The site design looks fine. However the load time on the other had is unacceptable. Either you need to find a faster server or you need to spend some time making things run smoother on the site.

CotswoldD

You took the words right out of my mouth! The full screen turned out to be more like double screen, so the browser window was way outside the screen and I couldn't get it back to normal without closing the tab. Get this fixed and we can discuss the rest :) I found it a bit difficult to review at this time.

Hi Agree with these comments, very big screen and way too slow loading up.

great photos though, i am a keen photographer also

regards pete

oana2983

Hi! Thanks to everybody for all comments. Here in Cyprus, I’m using a 3G connection which is quite slow, but the site is loading in acceptable time. Those from Romania which visited the site didn’t complain about speed. Maybe because the server is in Romania.
About the full screen…. It’s a photography site that must not be viewed in a small window using scroll. It’s like you would go to an Art Museum and watch the paintings thru the key hole.

adamblan

I understand the reasoning for full-screen viewing, but for UI reasons it stinks. My 17" screen displays 50% blank space, the image isn't centered, and navigation is hidden by the image. Drop the fullscreen script.:mad:
Nice pics, though.:) Turkey is a beautiful country (Istanbul has some particularly amazing architecture!)

Last edited:

oana2983

I understand the reasoning for full-screen viewing, but for UI reasons it stinks. My 17" screen displays 50% blank space, the image isn't centered, and navigation is hidden by the image. Drop the fullscreen script.:mad:
Nice pics, though.:) Turkey is a beautiful country (Istanbul has some particularly amazing architecture!)

Hi, Adam! If you have time, are you kind to make me a print screen with non centered image?

PS. Is not Turkey :p

adamblan

Looks like whatever problem was there has been fixed (appeared to be a float issue, since the navigation was also covered by the image)--- maybe browser error or partial content?

oana2983

Page works fine in IE, though with a little vertical scroll. In Firefox it's still way off screen.

Hi! Thanks for review. Can you send me a print screen with the issue in firefox? What version of ff do you use and what resolution do you have?

Thanks again!

Oana

adx

http://www.htmlswag.com/other/fotolounge.jpg
I'll leave it up for a little while, let me know when you've seen it. My screen resolution is 1280x800 and it's Firefox 3.0.5 for Vista. You can't really tell much from the screen shot but the window is quite a ways out of view both to the right and to the bottom.

corydotcom

Immediately closed the page because I got bored waiting for it to load.

I hope I can view it faster soon!

Maybe try loading dynamically, as opposed to all at once?