www.designerjam.com - pls critique

jamboy

I finally got round to giving my site a mini redesign to make it a little more aesthetically pleasing and visually coherent.

The purpose of this site is to help me get a job as an Information Architect/ UI designer. People visiting this site will have seen me CV and be logging on to find out more about.

What are your thoughts? Criticism gratefully recieved...

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The site looks a bit plain. my main comments would be
1. I dont like on the main page how the word Jam is writting sideways, I think JAM should be written
J
A
M

OR

JAM

2. The domain name is designerjam.com but the site says Jamie Hill. I guess this is done because the site is currently acting as a CV, but if the role of the site switches to a web design services site, then that should probably change.

3. The get in touch page looks too blank. You should maybe add a contact form to that page in addition to listing the email address, so it looks better.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I would definitely give the pink chequered tablecloth type background the flick, its certainly different, but looks a bit tacky in my opinion. The rest of the site looks ok though.

fkrule

The jam box at the bottom is not obvious that it is an e-mail address maybe you could change the jam label to mail jam.or something like that and the table cloth needs to go.

joshlobo

hey jamboy,

i agree with ian, the checkquered tablecloth thing needs to go. its too over powering especially on the pages that dont have a lot of content.

on your actual logo, i dont like the bevel on the red bit. i think it could look better if you got rid of that as well.

Josh Lobo

www.randomblowup.com