Working on a site redesign

nbcda_creative

Okay, guys... we're in the process of redesigning our website and want to get some critique...

Specifically:
  1. How does the site feel overall?
  2. Are there any obvious browsers issues?
  3. We're using some CSS3, HTML5 and font-face stuff. Is it causing any problems that you notice?
  4. What about the screen resolution size? Does it look reasonable on your monitor?
Anything else, please feel free to comment below.

Home page: http://wemgroup.com/template-home.htm
Interior pages: http://wemgroup.com/template.htm

Thanks much!

v2Media

A novel scrolling solution you have there. Not sure whether I like it or not. It seems usable enough.

I'm viewing the site with javascript disabled and no cookies, so my opinion is is directed at your base-line functionality.

I see a problem with lack of contrast, the overall look feels somewhat flat to me - everything is mid-toned.

The fresh project call-out on the home page simply doesn't work. I can barely read the text in it due to lack of contrast. The hover colour is also too subtle.

As far as colour choices go, I think the green that you've chosen should be a split compliment to the blue, so I'd prefer more yellow in the green. I'd also like to see red-orange in there as an accent colour to complete a split-compliment colour scheme.

bcee

Very nice!

Overall feel is good. I was surprised when I scrolled the content only the central area moved, intuitive idea. Browsing on FF, IE8 and Chrome on W7/64 bit I spotted zero issues (except for the known @font-face support for IE8).

I'm currently running a 1024 x 768 monitor and it displayed perfectly. Great work.

bcee

Actually disregard the font issues for IE8, I took a peak at your CSS and see you are using the bulletproof method with EOT files, nice choice, looks the same in IE8.

BigRed

OK I see what you are trying to do with the choice of theme, a bright fresh and new theme to match the bright fresh and new ideas of your group. Nothing wrong with that in my view. But some things stay the way they are for a reason (like the wheel), the lack of contrast does make some of the text difficult to read, looks nice but from a useability point of view it's not good.

Also the scrolling central area on the header only worked one time out of three (I tried the site a few times) on the other two attempts I could only see the top of the central area in the grass, using FF, windows and broadband.
Looks like you have the right ideas but maybe try to get a better balance between the look you want and useability. Good Luck :)

meesboeijen3

Wow:D.
That really looks awesome!

Loads quite fast and I really like the scrolling idea.
I'm viewing it on my 'tinyscreen' netbook, and it still looks really good!

Maybe you should make the lowest bar (below the scrolling part) smaller or let users expand it by pressing a button.

Good job! (I really can't make something like that!)

m112

Wow:D.
That really looks awesome!

Loads quite fast and I really like the scrolling idea.
I'm viewing it on my 'tinyscreen' netbook, and it still looks really good!

Maybe you should make the lowest bar (below the scrolling part) smaller or let users expand it by pressing a button.

Good job! (I really can't make something like that!)

I agree with the above - looks very professional
however the blue text on blue background doesnt work too well

Jacob

I really like the graphic work in it, though the content isn't given the attention it deserves. I would try to shrink the header and footer.