Working on a new simple project management app

bcackerman

Working on a project over the web is tough because email is unorganized, especially for freelancers. Emails are scattered all over and make it difficult to keep track of things. Attachments become hard to find which wastes time

Conversations, tasks and files get jumbled and I wanted to create a SUPER simple app that you could start a project workspace for and get going asap, no signups/passwords, just go.

With that said I created Ready, Takeoff! www.ReadyTakeoff.com Check the demo and let me know what you think :) (hit see the demo)

Last edited:

DHDdirect

I think it looks very nice. Are user going to be able to open uploaded files on the browser or will they need to download it all?

What do you have in mind about other features? I'm thinking timeline management as well. You have the tasks due dates but they can be associated with a timeline chart. Idea is to have all team members names on the timeline, what tasks they have been assigned, when they will they be started and when they should be finished.

Last edited:

notarypublic

why reinvent the wheel??? just use basecamp. or similar
As a freelancer or entrepreneur, you have a point - but if you're trying to get a job with a firm or as a designer/maintainer for a bigger company, they admire the doggedness to see a wheel and think you can make one better :)

DHDdirect

Yeah basecamp looks good and all but it STARTS at $49 a month. So if one can be made that doesn't infringe on any copyright laws and it's free that would be great.. but they may already be one in THIS list :)

I try not to discourage ideas and if there wasn't others out there that keep on developing then nothing new will come about. Maybe bcackerman's group will come up with some decent stuff build up some decent competition and basecamp will buy them out ;-)

bcackerman

Right so our goal is to create a management solution similar to Basecamp but that you can get started and create on the go. No signups, just core features and it can help with students for class projects, managers with meetings and freelancers like ourselves. It's not reinventing the wheel, just making it quicker.

rickidoo

I'd welcome something easy to use, yet flexible to adapt to my business. I hope you have a breakthrough in this regard.