Wordpress, Joomla or Drupal for my website idea?

Ainsley

I've designed a layout for a new website I'm building where people can register/login and submit their tutorials, rate and go on a forum like a design network. I want it to be like www.good-tutorials.com.

I'm not a very good coder so I'll need someone else to code my design. Which platform would be suitable for this idea? Wordpress, Drupal or Joomla?

ishie

Since you're not really a good coder, I think your option is to opt for Wordpress. WP platform is easy to use, and you can pretty much create a site like that. There are many templates and WP plug-ins that can help you in designing the site.

orangecopper

Hey buddy
The basics are that.

Drupal the best - if you are a good programmer / coder
Wordpress is THE best if you are an avg normal user or even a coder
Joomla is an excellent CMS but complex and needs quality time to understand and configure. but works great !!

you could read detailed comparison here

Hope that helped.
Cheers, Josh

orangecopper

Glad that you found it useful.
All the best!! do share with us once you are ready with your new blog.

warm regards
Josh

spiik

I've been working with both Wordpress and Joomla for a while and really prefer Joomla.

In my experience, Wordpress is easier to learn and to get started with, but when you really know Joomla you have more control. In Wordpress your a little bit locked to the fact that it is made for blogging. For example, there are no good ways to translate your whole website into different languages. In Joomla, the Joom!Fish component makes that very easy.

satellite

Can Wordpress handle a site that gets really big? I think I read somewhere that if a site grows big then Wordpress would not be able to handle it.

Last edited:

orangecopper

Wordpress does handle really big sites too.. So dont worry about that. Make sure you have a good dedicated server that could handle it.

cheers
Josh