Why do people use Twitter?

KahRAmaN

Thanks for this great forum. This is my first post to the forum and I wonder what you people think.

Why people use Twitter? What motivates people to use Twitter? Any ideas? It’s about news or comments?

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I see a lot of people using it as a sort of shortened RSS for their blogs.
I have never been a user of Twitter, but there is no doubting its power.
One of the biggest programs here, Sixty Minutes mentions their twitter profile. You know when the big tv stations promote it, that it is big.

ngseo

Twitter is used for promoting a website by building a large network of followers. The promotion can be in the form of links to the website or other updates like product/ service introductions.

sydneymatt

I can see the potential of Twitter. But to be honest I think it might to slow down and lose its buzz after a while. The reason is that people use it to promote themselves more than anything. I think people who find it diverting now and follow others will get a bit sick of it. I mean, what's in it for them?

You'd only really get into it if you posted heaps of tweets all the time. And who has the time and/or energy to do that? Celebs, mainly! Even they will become exhausted after a while. I may be wrong, but I suspect the craze will reach a plateau pretty soon.

cutewebbaby16

I use twitter because of the networking! I can get an answer to a question (in seconds!) from colleagues around the world & not just by email or phone!

cchildr

has anyone actually seen an increase in site traffic or more business opportunities as a result of twitter? Or is just one of those things that everyone says will help, but no one except the "Big Guys" is able to take advantage of?

lumbalumba

Because they want other to know what they're doing. At first I like Twitter. What made me hate it are the super attention seeking users who Tweet almost EVERYTHING that they're doing.

lauryn tom

when u want to talk or say anything.. twitter allows you to do so.. it has also become a tool for advertising and promotion

ishie

Using Twitter is a great way to connect with your friends and also to build an online community and targeted followers. That translates to good traffic.

Hi

Twitter is a community site and there are many people visiting on this site daily and twitter is the one best site for bringing visitors to any site.