Which has better templates? Joomla, Drupal, or Wordpress?

aaricwon

I am going to redesign a website for a Mixed Martial Arts event in Las Vegas. There will be news posted on a regular basis. The event sponsors will want banners placed etc. I have used Joomla before. I am not good at creating a template/theme from scratch but I am decent at customizing and changing themes if I can find a decent one.

I've only really used Joomla (and Mambo) but it seems to me like there are better Drupal themes out there.

I have never touched Wordpress but know that they are another frequently used CMS.

Can I get your thoughts on CMS'?

mrandrei

Personally, I like Joomla. It's easier to use and develop than Drupal. Wordpress is intended for blogs and good for neophytes.

ishie

When it comes to themes and designs, I think Joomla is way ahead of Drupal. Most web designers I know use Joomla too.

orangecopper

Like it could be interpretted in many ways !
If you wanna Blog and not much user options or user managment then wordpress.

complete CMS and user managment :Joomla.
Drupal also fares very well compared to Joomla, but from a developer point of view i have worked on Joomla and Drupal equally and you will love the way Drupal is coded.

cheers
Josh

Clayton

I feel that joomla is a better content management system. I have used joomla and drupal before and felt that joomla is the best among the two. Joomla has also got some really good templates and you can edit to your liking.

Last edited: