Whats the difference between Linux web hosting and Windows web hosting?

Cynthia

Heya Please tell em what the difference is between linux web hosting and windows web hosting. I made my site by dreamweaver does that affect either of the 2 i should choose please tell me thanx!

Daybee

I think linux webhosting just gives you more personal control over the server when it comes to scalability, security, and other technical stuff. When it comes to uploading files on to the host, either one will work fine imo.

joshuthomas

major differences

- linux is more secure
- linux would not run ASP scripts
- almost all stuffs are opensource on lin
- lix is more secure

cheers

camilo.nevarez

it all just depends on what type of scripting you use or plan to use. windows servers run proprietary languages like ASP COLDFUSION and stuff.. and linux runs like PERL PHP y'know?

jonweb2009

linux hosting - the server runs with linux operating system
windows hosting - the server runs with windows operating system

since u created you website in dreamweaver, it should be just html. so both hosting will not affect

hostsdepot

.asp, .NET, access will be supported by window linux system;

Both systems support your static html files.

Linux server is more reliable.

Fred Benjamin

Windows and Linux often use two different web server applications. Windows sites use the Windows IIS server, while nearly all Linux sites use Apache.Linux sites focus on PHP, Perl and other open-source script languages for server side scripting. Windows-based sites use ,NET and ASP technologies. They might also offer support for PHP.Linux sites offer MySQL as the database for back-end content storage. Windows sites will probably offer SQL Server, though some offer the Windows versions of MySQL as well.

zenotom

Banned
A rather attractive woman goes up to the bar in a quiet rural pub. She gestures alluringly to the barman who comes over immediately. When he arrives, she seductively signals that he should bring his face close to hers. When he does so, she begins to gently caress his beard which is full and bushy."Are you the landlord?" she asks, softly stroking his face with both hands."Actually, no" he replies."Can you get him for me - I need to speak to him?" she asks, running her hands up beyond his beard and into his hair.DayDate Replica RolexDaytona Replica RolexGMT Replica Rolex"Im afraid I cant" breathes the barman - clearly aroused. "Is there anything I can do?""Yes there is. I need you to give him a message" she continues huskily, popping a couple of fingers into his mouth and allowing him to suck them gently."Tell him that there is no loo paper in the ladies."

LOL!, love your joke,

keveenjones

Linux has been standard for network operating system and linux has matures into a very fast and very secure and reliable system.
Microsoft has flagship operating system and expanded what it can do over the system.

Main and biggest advantages to choose a linux based hosting is cost. because there are nominal licensing fees, and most of the software available to the linux platform is free so user can easily download and use that software , it costs less for a host to run a Linux based server.

Microsoft windows hosting operating costs tend to be higher when running windows due to increased hardware requirements and Microsoft’s licensing fees and their restrictions.

For usability purpose windows based hosting is better than linux based hosting.

Windows and Linux often use two different web server applications. Windows sites use the Windows IIS server, while nearly all Linux sites use Apache.

Linux sites focus on PHP, Perl and other open-source script languages for server side scripting. Windows-based sites use ,NET and ASP technologies. They might also offer support for PHP.

Linux sites offer MySQL as the database for backend content storage. Windows sites will probably offer SQL Server, though some offer the Windows versions of MySQL as well.

There shouldn’t be any difference between the two if you use strict web standards in your HTML. However, you need to be aware of the fact that, since Dreamweaver is a Windows-only product, it may insert some non-standard things into your HTML. Frontpage also does this.

As long as you stick to accepted web standards and don’t use any Windows-centric stuff in your site, you should have no problems with either one.

raicol

Linus web hosting is mainly used for PHP sites n windows is for asp.net websites, linux is more secure but there are some limitations with linux, so mostly people prefer windows hosting.

Regards,
Raicol