What's the best editor?

Kiwiberry

Just investigating, I’ve been using Cold Fusion 4.0 (yes, I know it old), and was wondering what other members were using to develop their sites? I’m looking to upgrade to a newer version, but decided to see what else is good. Fusion does alright, but there are some features that it does not handle well.

I’ve heard good things about Dreamweaver, but I don’t know anyone who has it. I’d much rather play with an app, before I buy it. If you’re using Basic HTML, that’d be nice to know, too.

StephanieCordray

I think the best html editor is the one you are most comfortable using. Others will argue the point one way or another but all of them have their good points and bad points so it's really up to the individual. I use both Dreamweaver and Frontpage so I'm comfortable with both. Dreamweaver has better support for php and other web scripting languages but Frontpage is easier to set up for quick editing on site and so on.

RAJO

i agree the best editor is the one u can use more effectively then others
let us remember that web developping is about TAGS so if u can use and manipulate tags 2 ur need then u make a ggod developping job even use notepad :)

SiteExpress

I use whatever I can to finish the job. Some editors do things that others won't. So..just use whatever you feel comfortable with, and whichever one will do the task at hand the most efficient.

MAKstudios

I recommend Dreamweaver... Its harder to learn everything, but once you do... you will never need another web authoring tool as long as you live. Especially now that EVERYONE is making extensions for dreamweaver... my 2 cents.

-MAKstudios

missj040

I also recommend Dreamweaver. I didnt find it hard to learn how to use it.
If you decide to get it you are free to contact me on MSN Messenger if you need any help getting started :) (PM'd You with my addy)

Kiwiberry

I've started using Nvu (mostly because I'm low budget). It works great for editing individual pages. After trying dreamweaver (thanks ian), I'm working on getting it by the end on the year.

nvu - (http://www.nvu.com/)

Thanks for the input.