What programming languages should a vocational student be taught?

Razorback64

This is a general (business/computer) program offered 9-12 (three to four year requirement). Students are learning basic computer features (IC3 certifications), Microsoft Office (MCAS certifications). I need to offer these students a year of programming. What do you think would be beneficial to help them get a taste from programming. These students will not have any prior computer programming knowledge. I do not want to scare them. Plus remember this is an inclusive classroom.

Seattle airport limo

Last edited:

nafirici

I think that PHP would be a fun language that they could start learning programming. They could get everything they need for free, they could see how a web site gets created. You could also teach them HTML/CSS and possibly databases (MySQL) which all coincide with PHP.

palme

you use product of micro soft, therfor i recommrnd visuel basic 6.0 til desktop programming, because user can use it also like vbscript in the net , with asp, and user can also use all components of microsoft office in both vbs files or vbscript.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Definitely Wordpress. This is the way whole industry is going. It also involves php, html, and javascript.

ha, dont make me laugh!!!
firstly, since when was wordpress a programming language?
which is what the OP asked.

you must teach html/css first and get the basics sorted.
if they are responsive to that THEN hit them with php.

mhack122

I think that PHP would be a fun language that they could start learning programming. They could get everything they need for free, they could see how a web site gets created. You could also teach them HTML/CSS and possibly databases (MySQL) which all coincide with PHP.

yes i agree with you......i think the best to teach to students is web page design with php, asp, or pearl and the database would be mysql or postgreSQL.

Last edited: