What programming language would I use to make a translating program?

Razorback64

I want to create a computer program that will translate from English to Spanish and vice versa. So someone could type in a word, phrase, or paragraph and translate from one language to another. What programming language would I use to write up the code and then implement this program?

Seattle airport limo

Last edited:

mhack122

I want to create a computer program that will translate from English to Spanish and vice versa. So someone could type in a word, phrase, or paragraph and translate from one language to another. What programming language would I use to write up the code and then implement this program?

Seattle airport limo

you better use VB.net or C# or maybe VB6.

stewcer

You can already make use of existing platforms which you can just plug-in to your site to save you time. Though if you wish to create your own, I only have experienced this using Java so I could not compare developing it in various languages. There are available tools online you can use to parse text and classify them to which word type it belongs to. Are you familiar with word net by the way? That can be of great help for translating to English.

d a v e

or hey, google translate can already do this (though nothing like as well as a human)
google translate ;)