What is the best way to display high resolution images on a website?

hariara

Hi, from my point of view it's not high resolution (300dpi or something which can be called so High Resolution) at all. The image still use web 72 dpi for the resolutions and the image size about 500x500 pixels (this is why it still fast loaded).

it looks sharp because the picture already fabulous! You can achieve this kind of quality by using PRO SLR digital camera and use soft box with carefully set its position. Other than that, use Nikon to achieve sharp output..

I hope that help.

voodish

I agree with hariara, 300 DPi is print quality and 72 DPi is standard web definition.

As stated, start with an in-focus large photo and reduce it down, maintaining its aspect ratio and the photo will really shine.

We have a Canon 400d dSLR with a couple of decent lenses, and it takes some great shots, but it takes time.

wetgravy

also, that is a flash application. you can acheive definition like that from jpgs .. but you need to start with a fantastic image to begin with. Also, you need to not compress the image too much since that will make things fuzzy with jpgs. other than that ... don't know what to tell you since i do illustrations that can acheive that definition and its all just vector. just need to start with good art before you try to make your websites. istock is great for photos if you need something.

henrikjt

I agree with hariara, 300 DPi is print quality and 72 DPi is standard web definition.

As stated, start with an in-focus large photo and reduce it down, maintaining its aspect ratio and the photo will really shine.

We have a Canon 400d dSLR with a couple of decent lenses, and it takes some great shots, but it takes time.

whats the best way to reduce it down? PS?

adamblan

Change the image size (be sure to select the correct interpolation method) and select "Save For Web & Devices" - you can select the format & level of compression here.

conor

yeah you should allways reduce the images sizes for your sites for two reasons:

1. Takes up less space

2. Loads quicker

jamilhat

Interesting question... We were having the same for some time then we developped PhotoSupplements. It would do the job for you in full screen, on every size of screen, and would take just some minutes to implement without needing to be an expert in development.

There is a one month free trial at www.photosupplements.com

Contact me directly as well if I can help.