What do'ya guys think about my latest site?

keen2learn

hey, i'm currently completing a competition brief for the RSA! yup i'm a graphics student, i wont bore you with all the details but basically, i had to analyse the modern 24-hour society, discover a problem, and design a service to aid the 24-hour society. This website is part of my solution.

Its a company who deliver a healthy balanced diet direct to your door without the need for you to plan and shop for all the necessary ingredients.

The site is probably about 1/4 of the final solution to be presented, but i figured it'd be a great way to practice my html & css skills.

http://www.the-food-box.co.uk

[although i have just made some slight changes, but the old version keeps loading in the browser? do i have to wait for the server to look at the updated files or what???]

gateshosting

You have to refresh your screen. Sometimes, you have to clear your cache, especially for image changes. I use ASP so I have my pages expire immediately. That way they are forced to reload. In IE I think you can hold ctrl+Refresh to force a refresh. Maybe it is Alt,or shift, I can't remember.

For a simple site, it really looks good. Nice and clean, which is the way I like it. Especially since you matched the border image. I can't stand when people don't match those, and you see clear breaks in them.

Good luck,

Michael C. Gates
GatesHosting.com
Web Site Hosting

keen2learn

cheers, i found out that the website had actually been updated on the server, but ISP's like ntl, and aol cache certain sites that you visit on their servers, when i was trying to view it, the cached version on the ntl server was being dispayed instead of the actual site. although its been refreashed now, and i found out that you can add certain elements to your meta data to control how a site is cached.

cheers for the positive feedback, it was a site that was aimed to be simple to navigate and concentrate more on the information it holds than flashy pictures and animations.

ISDProductions

i like the site, and think its a great idea, a few things i didn't like were how the links at the bottom blend in with the background, and I have to rollover to read them, if I'm so busy i can't go out and eat, i probaly wouldn't appreciate having to go through that process. other than that, i like the basic color scheme, I feel the green and white really go together well, though i don't really like the look of the white background in your images (side bar excluded) with the grey bacground. Good job though, keep at it