What do you think

ben123456

Haven't bought domain yet but I will soon. This is a political site so if you don't agree please don't judge based on that. I tried to go with a really simple sleek but elegent also. But I want to add some color but idk how. Btw if you like it keep checking in because I post Dailey
http://proudconservatives.squarespace.com/

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Works well enough for a blog. Being an American political site, especially of the conservative flavor, you might consider going with the trusty red, white and blue. I'd leave the background white and pick either the red or blue for a second primary color. Use the remaining color for highlights on the page. Make the font-size of the headers (post titles) consistent. You have the one near the top set to 36px and the one half way down set to 54px. If you can help it (I don't know if it's an option with Squarespace), use em units for the font-size instead of px.

ben123456

Works well enough for a blog. Being an American political site, especially of the conservative flavor, you might consider going with the trusty red, white and blue. I'd leave the background white and pick either the red or blue for a second primary color. Use the remaining color for highlights on the page. Make the font-size of the headers (post titles) consistent. You have the one near the top set to 36px and the one half way down set to 54px. If you can help it (I don't know if it's an option with Squarespace), use em units for the font-size instead of px.

See I was originally thinking that(red,white,blue) but I thought it would look a little gaudy. I see where your going with that and ill have to see how that looks. And just wondering but what would the difference be with me instead of px? Thanks!!

barricades

I wouldn't advertise the fact that you are going to buy that domain but haven't yet!

Anyway, I agree with the above poster who suggested red white and blue or at least hints of them somewhere. The black and white looks very elegant, especially with the nice font you've chosen but to give people an immediate sense of what the blog is about an associated colour would be nice. Even a really light pastel blue might work.

Also eventually you'll have enough posts what you'll need navigation to be able to search the archive, which is often where I look second (after the first couple of blog posts headlines) on a blog. Where's that going to go?

I'd do something with the size of the fonts in the header. Either that or sort yourself out with something more of a logo.

Basically, it looks like it would be nice but lacks a bit of branding at the moment.

good luck

TheWebTaylor

I agree with the above that it is ok for a blog, but the title of your blog does not stand out enough. It would be nice to see an eye-catching logo.

AsheSkyler

If you do deviate from the greyscale, you might want to be careful with "warning" colors like red or orange, and go with more "soothing" colors like blue or green. Political sites make people extra edgy and you'll need all the help you can get to dissuade passing trolls.

The dashed lines are almost too faint to be useful in determining when a post ends.

The main thing bugging me is that there is no separation between the posts and no official archive to browse through all posts by title (or date, some folks are into that). Your first post welcoming people should be stuck on the homepage instead of buried in the archives. It wouldn't hurt to separate articles from news announcements.
If that's some weird rule on Squarespace's part, ignore my buggering about post sorting.