What do you think of this mock up

krymson

here's a mock up of my fiances step-moms website for her company. This is just the front page and dont mind the images on the slider, im reusing some code that ive used before.

This is made with a combo of html5 and css3... its my first crack at it so dont punish me too hard about it, i know for right now there are going to be some browser compatability issues and if you find some please let me know. So without further a due http://blankcanvas.krymsonproductions.co.cc

be gentle but stern ;)

I realy like the way you tied the color scheme in, that being said. For the text color, maybe match the darker background color instead of the lighter one and tweek the line height. Also (I know you mentioned it but it stands out to me), the slide show seems to cut off the bottom of the images. Also the bottom border radius on the nav, I think it would blend in better if it was a zero while keeping the top the same.

DHDdirect

Looks great.. except in IE8 ;-P

Although some of the images in the slider are a bit cut off at the bottom but you probably knew that.

krymson

I fixed part of the menue on IE8 if 8 is anything like 7 it's still a little off and it was only because i was using an html5 tag there. Yeah the slider is a little cut off and i know i just threw it up there to change how i please but im glad you guys like the design. I changed the font color and everything so let me know your opinions. I still have to get input from my "client" aka step-mother-in-law but i dont think she'll have too much to say about it, mabe it needs more color but thats about it...

leroy30

Looks good.

The title of the page "Welcome to A Blank Canvas Floral Design" reads odd the first time around until you track your eyes around and actually realise that it's called 'a blank canvas'!! maybe it's just me.

I also think the banner is scrolling slightly too fast?

krymson

yeah ive been tweking the slider and playing with the design, im not making anymore pages till my step mother-in-law says she likes the design. But i think its coming together nicely, might have to make an IE compatible css sheet though

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
html5?

HTML:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

make the menu the full width.
looks disjointed currently.

what css3 are you using / html5 elements you wanting to use?

check out modernizr and html5 boilerplate.
(just google that stuff, dont know the links)
good starting points for building with html5.

krymson

Yeah i forgot to change that, im still tweaking everything, i cant really see what the sites look like on older browsers because on all of the ones on my computers are updated