What do you think about my website?

ronaldroe

Super Moderator
Staff member
As far as flash intros/navigation go, yours isn't bad looking, but the sound is a bit off-putting. Not to mention, there's no way for browsers without flash to navigate your site.

I have a fairly high-resolution monitor, and I couldn't see any of the content below the flash nav, which means most people won't even realize it's there.

You reference an external stylesheet, yet a lot of your styles are inline. This bloats the HTML, and is not semantic. Your headers are in <p> tags. You should be using <h1>-<h6> tags for those. You talk about search optimization, yet Google would kick your site to the curb.

You have graphical talent, no doubt, more than I do for sure, but semantic, progressively enhanced design will win in the end.

krymson

Are you selling web design services?
"Hope Not"
Are you going to sell original web designs if you are selling web design services?
"Hope So"
Did YOU build this website from scratch?
"No" http://www.templatemonster.com/website-templates/20832.html

If you are a web designer or trying to sell yourself as one at least use original work to showcase your talents.

I dont mean to come across as rude but being a webdesigner using a template and trying to make it seem like YOU did it... not cool

If you were someone NOT selling web design services using a template, that's fine but on your site when i see "Promovare, web-design, hosting, web-programare, achizitie domenii... ne ocupam de totul. Impreuna cream site-ul dorit pentru a va face cunoscuta compania dumneavoastra atat partenerilor cat si posibililor clienti la cele mai mici preturi si cea mai buna calitate."

I cant help but to bash on it.

notarypublic

You're going to have an awful hard time with things when a client asks you to design a site that you can't just buy a template online for.

omglookitsagoat

looks good. did you really just use a template? LAME! You should make your design original. especially if you're going to sell original website designs. I don't think you should have sound effects btw. As a graphics designer, I can honestly say I'd rather use a horrible design that is at least original and I made myself than ever touch a template. (not that my designs are horrible anyway, but you get the point.) Jeez leweez! thumbs down.

Last edited:

krymson

Im sorry i didnt mean to insult youbut as a web designer it really hits a sensetive spot in my personality when people claim to use an original design and cange 1 or 2 things and call it their own, when the rest of us who have been practicing and doing this for YEARS have to compete with someone who went on a tutorial site and just figured out how to work around stuff. It really errks me to the bone because a potential client will go with someone else because they showed them a template and said they did it. so again im sorry if i said some offensive things but im pretty sure most of the web designers that make a living off this career as freelancers and what not trying to compete that just steal other peoples work and call it their own.

mhack122

the site is good not too bad.....but the only problem there is one of the button in flash is not moving i think its in depre on button....

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
hi check out my site.

google.com...oh wait thats right...oops never mind, um I meant facebook.com, no um youtube.com...oh damn all the good ideas are already taken...oh I know I'll pay $65 and say that I designed it myself. yeah! awesome....

...poser...

fixtro

You can outsource and still do web design business

You might want to consider outsourcing the design work to other firm and and resell it to your clients.

This way, you get original work and you still make money.

krymson

hi check out my site.

google.com...oh wait thats right...oops never mind, um I meant facebook.com, no um youtube.com...oh damn all the good ideas are already taken...oh I know I'll pay $65 and say that I designed it myself. yeah! awesome....

...poser...

Sometimes bro... you read my mind. All they're trying to do is get link backs... thats all