What checkpoint should be follow about site analysis.

Danielnash

Hi,

Anybody can send me a sample report of site analysis. and plz tell me what checkpoint should be follow for completing a site analysis.

Thanks a lot

You can use Seo on-off page factors into consideration while analyzing the website.
There are a lot terms which need to have look for.

ishie

Making a site analysis is pretty easy. I suggest you use: http://websitegrader.com/ - Website Grader is a free seo tool that measures the marketing effectiveness of a website. It provides a score that incorporates things like website traffic, SEO, social popularity and other technical factors. It also provides some basic advice on how the website can be improved from a marketing perspective.

Danielnash

Hi all,

Thanks for your valuable reply. please give me advice about HTML validation and how can do HTML validation.

Thanks

Goldstar

Banned
If you are performing an SEO review of the site then some of the major things to include are:

• crawl the site with something like Xenu. This will give you an inventory of all URLs on the site, all <title> elements, all 301/302 redirects, all errors like 404s, all external links, etc. You can learn a LOT from this.
  • Put together a list of keywords using the <title>s from #1 above. The <title> "should" contain the targeted keyword phrase(s) for each URL on the site. Pull rankings on these keywords at Google, Yahoo! and Bing. Include this as a baseline to show how well/badly they rank currently.
  • Look at the the site's information architecture: navigation, URL structure, organization and interlinking strategy for pages, etc.
  • View source on as many pages as possible to determine if they are following good practices like storing JavaScript and CSS in EXTERNAL files rather than hardcoding them in the page itself... whether they are using HTML or CSS for styling... etc.
  • Perform a SITE:domain command at Google, Yahoo! and Bing to see how many pages are indexed.
  • Checkout their Robots.txt file to see what if any pages on the site are being blocked.
  • Look for URL canonicalization issues which of course lead to duplicate content and split page rank/link juice issues. Make sure that if they are redirecting to correct URL canonicalization issues, that they are using 301 redirects NOT 302 redirects.
  • Request a page on their site that you KNOW does not exist... Make sure the HTTP Status Code returned is a 404, NOT a 200.
  • Analyze the site's backlinks.
  • Analyze the site's competitors' backlinks.

Regards,