6. Press Release Submission
7. Social Media Bookmarking
8. Blogging
9. Social Networking
10. Video Marketing

What are your ways, I think there might be more; everyone has their own ways,
Please do share it…

shawnhenry

Link building should always be done with the target market and industry in mind. you want high quality links from relevant websites in order to boost your rankings. consider the sites page rank (though its not the biggest concern) and make sure you anchor text is targeted to the keyword you are after.

the only sites you should be considering which are not industry specific is if you can get hold of any .edu links or other highly trusted domains.

mrandrei

You should also add social bookmarking in the list. It's a good way to boost site traffic. You can also get some backlinks from this technique.

aartig

Most of your suggested ways are just same as I am doing. Even all of the above ways are very much pretty important to get in search engine ranking. Forum posting and Blog commenting can as well add more back links to the website. Niche listing and featured listing as well as the site wide links on blogs of relevant categories are again the important ways to make your website search engine friendly.

bailey.rein

I do as follows:
1. Web-Directory submission
2. Search Engine Submission
3. Link Exchange
4. Participate in Forums
5. Article Submission
6. Press Release Submission
7. Social Media Bookmarking
8. Blogging
9. Social Networking
10. Video Marketing

Also include classified ads and online groups.. These strategies can help generate traffic too!..

lovely09

The top two on my list which is proven effective.Forum posting and blog commenting but make sure you do it in a white hat way.

dks

yes you are right.But there are more ways of link building like we can do like exchange by yahoo answer and blog commenting.

Last edited:

imcashsaver12

I do blogging, blog commenting, social bookmarking, directory submission, forum posting, etc.. But i think the most common for me is social bookmarking and blog commenting.

Janice07

LInk building is pretty important you will need a lot of backlinks for your site,
article submission
press release
submission to social bookmarking sites
Participating in forums

these are the common ways to build links for your site

Jaazielann

Most of your suggested ways are just same as I am doing. Even all of the above ways are very much pretty important to get in search engine ranking. Forum posting and Blog commenting can as well add more back links to the website. Niche listing and featured listing as well as the site wide links on blogs of relevant categories are again the important ways to make your website search engine friendly.

I totally agree with you, Blog commenting is a n effective way and so does
participating in forums.

Zachariah

Hi talkseo,

The tactics which you’ve stated would certainly help us in getting quality backlinks. But, one should maintain consistency in performing these SEO tactics.

JohnLA

Social bookmarking and blog commenting can be done in a short period. However, articles can be hard to write but if it is approved and live, it can rank on its own and will give you lots of traffic.

shawn

Link Building - it is the process of creating inbound links or back links by means to ones own website. Here are some of the link building techniques:

article submission
blog commenting
classified ads
directory submission
link exchange
forum posting
press release
social bookmarking
social networking